UPS Holidays 2018: UPS i.e. United Parcel Service is one of the shipping & package delivery company in the United States which provides delivery & shipping services. People use UPS services to send & receive their important mail items & packages. UPS is delivering packages to more than 220 countries around the world which itself shows how much people rely on the services of UPS. Also, UPS allow their users to actually track their package in real time on a live map through a service called “UPS Follow My Delivery”.
People who use services of UPS have multiple queries or questions. Through this post, we’re answering one of the most asked questions i.e. when UPS doesn’t pick up or deliver packages? or when are UPS Holidays? or What is the UPS Holiday Schedule? Does UPS deliver on Holidays? Get an answer to all these questions from below:
UPS Holidays 2018
UPS provide services throughout the year and doesn’t take many holidays. However, there are few days on which the UPS doesn’t pick or ship any package. Below you can find the holidays on which the UPS services are closed.
UPS does NOT pick up or deliver on these days:
- Monday, Jan. 1: New Year’s Day
- Monday, May 28: Memorial Day
- Wednesday, July 4: Independence Day
- Monday, Sept. 3: Labor Day
- Thursday, Nov. 22: Thanksgiving Day
- Tuesday, Dec. 25: Christmas Day
Also, note that there is one service called UPS Express Critical which never takes a holiday i.e. this Service is available 24/7, 365 days per year. If you have any urgent shipment then use UPS Express Critical.
You need to check out UPS World Holiday Calendar if you’re shipping outside the U.S.
In addition, the following holidays are recognized, but not observed:
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – January 15, 2018
- Valentine’s Day – February 14, 2018
- Presidents’ Day – February 19, 2018
- Chinese New Year – February 16, 2018
- Daylight Saving Time begins – March 11, 2018
- St. Patrick’s Day – March 17, 2018
- Passover – March 30 – April 7, 2018
- Easter – April 1, 2018
- Earth Day – April 22, 2018
- Cinco de Mayo – May 5, 2018
- Mother’s Day – May 13, 2018
- Flag Day – June 14, 2018
- Ramadan – May 15 – June 14, 2018
- Father’s Day – June 17, 2018
- UPS Founders’ Day – August 28, 2018
- Rosh Hashanah – September 9-11, 2018
- Yom Kippur – September 18-19, 2018
- Columbus Day – October 8, 2018
- Halloween – October 31, 2018
- Daylight Saving Time ends – November 4, 2018
- Veterans Day – November 11, 2018
- Hanukkah – December 2 – December 10, 2018
- Kwanzaa – December 26, 2018 – January 1, 2019
Is there any UPS Service which never takes holiday?
Yes, as mentioned above that there is one service which is available throughout the year i.e. UPS Express Critical. This service picks and delivers packages throughout the year, never takes a holiday. Use the contact information below to know more about this service.
- Call 1-800-714-8779 or
- Visit upsexpresscritical.com
Those people who depend on UPS for their business must check out the UPS holiday calendar and then plan shipment accordingly. Many small businesses depend entirely on the UPS for their survival and that’s why it is important to know the days on which UPS services are not available. Now you know everything about UPS holidays, if you want to know anything more then leave a comment below. Keep on checking this site for more information about UPS and other shipping companies.