Here is the affordable international mail service i.e. USPS First Class Mail International. USPS offers many international services such as;
- Priority Mail International
- Priority Mail Express International
- First Class Mail International
- Global Express Guaranteed
Through this post, we’re discussing First Class Mail International only. The following important topics are covered here;
- What is USPS First Class Mail International
- Cost of First Class Mail International
- How to Print Shipping Labels
- Custom Forms
- Features of First Class Mail International
- Restrictions on First Class Mail International
- 1 What is USPS First Class Mail International
- 1.1 Cost/ Pricing of First Class Mail International
- 1.2 How to Create a Custom Form
- 1.3 Features of First Class Mail International
- 1.4 Restrictions on First Class Mail International
- 1.5 Quick Overview of First Class Mail International
- 1.6 Final Thoughts:
- 1.7 Share this:
- 1.8 Related
What is USPS First Class Mail International
First Class Mail International is one of the cost-effective or affordable ways to mail & ship items under 4 pounds. The delivery time for first-class mail international is longer as compared to other international mail services, but the cost saving is much more. Use First Class Mail International to send postcards, letters, and flats to Canada and over 180 other countries at affordable prices.
If you’re looking to ship small, inexpensive items such as clothing, books, beauty products, accessories etc then this service is the most affordable option available to ship your packages overseas.
You can buy International Stamps here: https://store.usps.com/store/results/stamps/_/N-9y93lv/Ntt-international
Cost/ Pricing of First Class Mail International
Starts from $1.15 at a Post Office. The price may vary depending on the package’s weight and destination country. The actual price depends on the length, height, or thickness of a package. There is an extra charge for large envelopes that exceed maximum dimensions. To calculate the price, use the USPS Shipping Calculator.
Calculate Price Here: https://postcalc.usps.com/
In case, if you don’t know how to use a calculator then learn here to Calculate Internation Shipping Pricing
How to Create a Custom Form
Use the USPS online tool to create a custom form.
- Enter the Sender Information such as name, address, phone number, email etc
- Enter the Recipient Information such as name, address, ZIP code, city phone number, email etc
- Enter Package Details i.e weight & total package value.
- Make sure to enter the correct information only.
- Click on the Next button to Select a Service
Features of First Class Mail International
Following are the features of first-class mail international mail service.
- The most affordable international mail service.
- Used for sending postcards, letters, and large envelopes
- Eligible for flats up to 4 lbs
- Global Forever stamp available
- The Delivery varies by destination
Restrictions on First Class Mail International
It’s important to read the restriction section before preparing the shipment. USPS has a certain limitation on certain things. Here are few restrictions that one must read before preparing a first class mail international shipment.
- All postcards, envelopes, and flats must be rectangular. Letters and flats may contain only documents, no goods. Additional size restrictions apply depending on the type of mailpiece you’re sending.
- Can send mailpieces up to 4 lbs. Restrictions may apply.
- There are restrictions for mailing restricted, prohibited, and hazardous materials, including cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
Prohibited International Items
- Air Bags
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Dry Ice
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Marijuana (medical or otherwise)
- Nail Polish
- Perfumes (containing alcohol)
Quick Overview of First Class Mail International
The following add-ons or extra services can be added with First Class Mail International to make it more secure & trackable.
Starting Price: Beginning at $1.15 at Post Office locations (Varies with Countries)
Shipping Time: 7–21 days (Varies)
USPS Tracking: Available
Registered Mail: Available
Return Receipt: Available
Certificate of Mailing: Available for unregistered mail
Use First Class International Mail services to send postcards, letters, and flats at affordable prices to Canada and over 180 other countries around the world. The delivery time may have a longer delivery time than other international shipping services, but this service is a way cheaper. Use this service to send less urgent packages at an affordable price.
If you’ve any question or query related to USPS First Class Mail International, then use the comment section provided below. We will respond back at the earliest.