USPS offers many international mail & shipping services and Priority Mail International is one of them. We’ve already talked about domestic priority mail service and here we’ll be discussing the USPS Priority Mail International service. Currently, this service is available for international delivery to more than 180 countries. Beginning at $24.95 at Post Office locations and online.
Following topics are covered here;
- What is USPS Priority Mail International
- How to Ship Priority Mail International Online
- Priority Mail International Cost/ Rates/ Pricing
- Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
- Features of Priority Mail International
- Restrictions on Priority Mail International
- How long does Priority Mail International take to reach the destination
- 1 What is USPS Priority Mail International
- 2 Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
What is USPS Priority Mail International
Priority Mail International is affordable & reliable services which allow users to send their important mail & packages to more than 180 countries around the world. The delivery timeframe is 6 – 10 business days. This service starts at $24.95 at Post Office locations and online. However, the cost or pricing may vary from country to country.
Users can ship either online or at a post office. Also, note that there is an insurance of $100 included
(documents) and $200 included (merchandise). The tracking facility is included and return receipt service is also available which can be included as an extra service, if required.
Priority Mail International services are cheaper than express delivery services, so if you are looking to send a package overseas and it is not urgent then you should consider the cheaper international postage rates of USPS Priority Mail International.
For urgent quick delivery, you can use Priority Mail Express International
How to Ship Priority Mail International Online?
You can ship a package at both online & post office locations. Read the steps below to know how to prepare a priority mail international service online.
- To prepare a shipment online, you must have a USPS.com account. If you have an account then log in, or else create a new account. It’s simple & free to create an account.
- Visit this page https://cns.usps.com/labelInformation.shtml , once you’re logged in.
- Now you need to “Create a Label” by entering the asked information correctly.
Fill the following details or information correctly to create a label. Make sure to enter the valid or correct information only. Enter the following details;
- Return Address (The address from where you are sending)
- Delivery Address (The address where you are sending to)
- Enter a shipping date
- Enter Package details
- Enter Package Value
- Select the type of Service
The available services & the prices will appear once you’ve entered the above-mentioned information.
Priority Mail International Cost/ Rates/ Pricing
Beginning at $24.95 at Post Office locations and online.
Priority Mail International prices are actually based on weight and destination country except for Priority Mail International Flat Rate pricing.
The Priority Mail International Flat Rate pricing is shared in the next section.
Use the USPS Shipping Calculator to calculate or estimate the cost of an international shipping.
Calculate Price Here: https://postcalc.usps.com/
In case, if you don’t know how to use a calculator then learn here to Calculate Internation Shipping Pricing
Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
Features of Priority Mail International
Following are the features which this service offers.
- A free package pickup service is available at your home or office. Not all locations qualify for free pickup service.
- The delivery timeframe is 6 to 10 business days.
- USPS Tracking facility is included.
- The insurance of up to $100 is included for non-negotiable document reconstruction and there is an insurance of up to $200 for merchandise for loss or damage.
Restrictions on Priority Mail International
Make sure to read this section before or while preparing shipment. There are few restrictions that one must take into consideration while preparing a priority mail international shipment.
- The maximum weight is 70 lbs.
- The Maximum weight for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes is 4 lbs.
- The Maximum weight for medium and large Priority Mail International Flat Rate Boxes is 20 lbs.
- The weight restrictions may vary from country to country. Some countries have lower weight restrictions.
- Make sure that the container flaps are closed within the normal folds.
- There are restrictions on sending prohibited, and hazardous materials, such as cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, and more.
Following Add-ons are Available/ Quick Overview of Priority Mail International
The following add-ons or extra services can be added with Priority Mail International to make it more secure & trackable.
Starting Price: Beginning at $24.95 at Post Office locations and online (Varies with Countries)
Shipping Time: 6 – 10 business days
Insurance: $100 included (documents); $200 included (merchandise)
USPS Tracking: Included
Registered Mail: n/a
Return Receipt: Available
Certificate of Mailing: n/a
Use this service if you want to send an important mail or package which is less urgent as this service takes up to 3 – 6 business days to deliver a package. The number of delivery days actually depends on a lot of other factors as well so delivery may or may not take longer time.
If you’ve any question or query related to USPS Priority Mail International, then use the comment section provided below. We will respond back at the earliest.