United States Postal Service offers a domestic service called “USPS Priority Mail” which is fast domestic service delivers mail item or packages to the U.S addresses within 1, 2, or 3 business days. The number of delivering days actually depends on where your package starts and where it’s being sent. Usually, it takes 1, 2, or 3 business days to reach the U.S. destination. Users can avail this service at both Post Office and online.
Following important topics are covered here;
- What is USPS Priority Mail
- How to Ship Priority Mail Online
- Cost of Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
- Features of Priority Mail
- Restrictions on Priority Mail
- How long does Priority Mail take to reach the destination
- 1 What is USPS Priority Mail?
- 2 Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
What is USPS Priority Mail?
A priority mail is one of the fast domestic mail services which allows users to send their mail items or packages to the U.S addresses. The priority mail shipment is delivered within1, 2, or 3 business days, depending on the address where the package is sent from and to where it’s being sent.
Check the label of the shipment for an expected delivery date. Also note that the printed date of delivery depends on the origin, destination, and drop off time. The delivery may be delivered due to any unseen reasons and that’s why this is not a guaranteed service. The tracking facility is available on all domestic shipment. Users can check the delivery status of their package through USPS.com tracking facility.
There are many other extra services which can be added with priority mail such as signature confirmation, return receipt, certified mail, hold for pickup etc. All the additional services or add-ons are available with extra fees. The insurance of up to $50 is included on most domestic shipments.
No weighing or calculating needed up to 70 lbs. Flat Rate offers one rate to any state.
If you’re an international use then check out USPS Priority Mail International
Want to deliver a package overnight? Then use, Priority Mail Express
How to Ship Priority Mail Online
This service is available at both Post Office & Online. To prepare a priority mail shipment online, you need to perform the following steps;
- You need a USPS.com account if you have one then log in. In case, if you haven’t, then create an account. It pretty easy & free to create an account on USPS.com.
- Visit this page https://cns.usps.com/labelInformation.shtml , once you’re logged in.
- The following page will appear where you need to “Create a Label”
To create a Label, you need to fill the complete form with correct information. You need to enter the following information;
- The address from where you are sending i.e. Return Address
- The address where you are sending to i.e. Delivery Address
- Enter a shipping date i.e.
- Enter Package details
- Enter Package Value
- Select the type of Service
The available services & the prices will appear once you enter the above-mentioned information.
USPS Priority Mail Cost/ Pricing
Beginning at $6.70 at Post Office locations and online.
The prices of Priority Mail actually depends on the weight and zone, except for Priority Mail Flat Rate. You get the same Flat Rate pricing with Prepaid Forever Priority Mail Flat Rate along with few other added convenience of Forever postage.
You can use the USPS Shipping Calculator to calculate or estimate the cost of a domestic shipping.
Calculate Price Here: https://postcalc.usps.com/
Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
Word File (.doc): Download USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
USPS customer support: 1-800-275-8777
USPS official website: www.usps.com
Features of Priority Mail
Following are the feature of Priority Mail.
- This service offers free package pickup at home or office
- USPS Tracking facility is included for free when you ship online and at retail
- The delivery takes 1 to 3 business days
- The insurance of up to $50 is included in most of the shipments
- No surcharges for fuel or residential, rural, and regular Saturday delivery
- Flat Rate, regional, and prepaid pricing (retail only) available
What are Restrictions on Priority Mail
Following are the restrictions, read them carefully and prepare your shipment accordingly.
- The maximum weight should not exceed 70lbs.
- The Maximum combined length and girth is 108″.
- Make sure that the container flaps are closed within the normal folds.
- There are specific regulations and standards for mailing restricted, prohibited, and hazardous materials, including cigarettes and smokeless tobacco.
How Long Does Priority Mail Take to Reach the U.S. Destination?
Usually, it takes 1, 2, or 3 business days to reach the destination. The number of delivering days actually depends on where your package starts and where it’s being sent.
Use Priority Mail Delivery Map to find out the number of days. You just need to enter the Zip code where you’re shipping from and then the map will provide you with expected 1, 2, or 3-day delivery areas for Priority Mail shipments.
How to Use Priority Mail Delivery Map?
- Visit https://www.usps.com/priority-mail/map/
- Then enter the 3 or 5 digit zip code from where you’re shipping.
- After entering the code, use drag & zoom option on a map to see the area you’re mailing to, as well as all the U.S. territories such as Alaska, Hawai that receive Priority Mail service.
Following Add-ons are Available/ Quick Overview of Priority Mail
The following add-ons or extra services can be added with Priority Mail to make it more secure & trackable.
Starting Price: $6.70 (retail & online) & $6.55 (commercial)
Shipping Time: 1-3 business days
Insurance: $50 included
USPS Tracking: Available
Signature Confirmation: Available
Return Receipt: Available
Certified Mail: Available
Hold for Pickup: Available
Collect on Delivery: Available
Priority Mail is one of the most used services of USPS begins at $6.70 at Post Office locations and online. Many extra services can be added with priority mail such as signature confirmation, return receipt, certified mail, hold for pickup, and more.
If you’ve any question or query related to USPS Priority Mail, then use the comment section provided below. We will respond back at the earliest.