USPS Return Receipt Cost: A return receipt is requested by a sender to get the proof of delivery i.e. date of and time of delivery, the recipient’s signature, information about the delivery address, if different.
- A mailer may purchase Return Receipt at the time of mailing only.
- You cannot purchase it after mailing.
- However, if your previously purchased Return Receipt did not arrive, then you can complete PS Form 3811-A, Request for Delivery Information/Return Receipt, to request delivery information.
A sender can choose to receive the return receipt by
- mail (by use of PS Form 3811)
- or email (by Electronic Return Receipt).
How much does USPS Return Receipt Cost?
The cost of Return Receipt is $2.85 for a mailed receipt or $1.70 for an electronic receipt that is emailed to you.
|Return Receipt by Mail (PS Form 3811)||$2.85|
|Return Receipt by E-mail (Electronic)||$1.70|
It can be combined with extra services including
- USPS Tracking,
- Signature Confirmation,
- Special Handling,
- Restricted Delivery,
- and Parcel Airlift Service
What to do to Recieve Return Receipt by Mail or Electronic?
If you choose to receive a return receipt by mail then you will get the original signature of the recipient on the receipt through the First-Class mail.
In order to receive Return Receipt electronically, this is what you need to do:
- Fill out both sides of the Return Receipt with correct information and affix it to the mailpiece.
- You need to write “Return Receipt Requested” above the delivery address to the right of the return address.
- Now go to usps.com, click on tracking, enter the barcode label number that is on your receipt, and then enter your name and email address.
- Pay the applicable extra service fee.